ISHPSB-L Archives

June 2001

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Chris Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Intl Soc for the Hist Phil and Soc St of Biol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:09:10 -0500
Michigan State University has an unexpected opening for a one-year
position (2001-2002) for an instructor or visiting assistant professor
of science and technology studies (STS) in the Lyman Briggs School, an
undergraduate, residential, liberal arts science program in the College
of Natural Science. This person will teach with passion a total of four
courses, either four sections of our first-year introduction to science
and technology studies course, or three of those plus one upper-division
STS courses on the history of biology. All our STS courses are
writing-intensive, seminar-style. We would expect the person to hold or
be completing a Ph.D. with a specialization in STS, history, sociology,
English, philosophy, or a related field, and be able to provide evidence
of effective undergraduate teaching experience. Inquiries should be
directed by June 30, 2001, to Robert Shelton at [log in to unmask]