MOU-RBA Archives

December 2010

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
joan schnabel/jeff falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:02:41 -0700
  the 7th annual Golden Eagle Survey is set for January 15th 2011.
Everyone is welcome to participate regardless of experience.  Last
year close to  140 dedicated observers ran their routes and  almost
100 wintering Goldens were found as a result.  If you participated
last year you should have gotten a direct email from Scott Mehus.  If
somehow we missed you, please get in touch with Scott by 12/13 if you
want a different route or 12/20 if you would like the same route.  We
would also like to expand the area covered so if you have seen Goldens
in your area or think you have potential habitat,  consider creating
your own route.  Also if you see any Goldens at any time, please let
us know.  I do check mou and wisbird lists but I might miss some
sightings.

Also Scott will be holding some seminar/field trips   to help identify
Golden Eagles and some tips to distinguish them from the immature
balds.  These are held at the  non-profit National Eagle Center in
Wabasha, MN.  (free with admission to the center) If you have never
seen a Golden Eagle in the wild, here's a good chance to see them. You
are welcome at the seminars even if you do not plan on doing the
survey Seminars start at 1 pm at the NEC and are scheduled for
December 11th, December 18th 2010 and January 8th 2011.

  To  sign up for a route, or a seminar please contact Scott either by
email      [log in to unmask]      or   by calling
651-565-4989 ex 101 or feel free to back channel me  and I will pass
the info on to Scott.  thanks, Joan Schnabel,    Fountain City, Wi