MOU-RBA Archives

February 2009

From:
jeff fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jeff fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:22:53 -0700
Today the varied thrush was at the location that it has been spotted, in Roseville, between 2:15pm and 3:30 pm. It was in the trees when I arrived but flew shortly after when a car went by. It return around 3:00 and even though the light was not good I was able to get some pics.

Yesterday both great horned owls were out in Lakeville. With a little patience I was able to get close enough to the male for full frame shots.

Earlier in the day yesterday  I photographed gold finch, house finch, purple finch, pine siskin, common redpoll and other birds at the feeders down at Whitewater State Park and a rough leg hawk in flight at Black Dog Lake.

Thanks,
Jeff Fischer
http://ecobirder.blogspot.com/