MOU-RBA Archives

September 2013

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:34:36 -0600

Harris's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Rusty Blackbird
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: September 19, 2013
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday September 19th, 2013.

There have been very few reports during the past two weeks, and what
there is consists mostly of common fall migrants. I have a belated
report of a PRAIRIE FALCON seen on September 7th at the Felton Prairie
in Clay County. And while I have no specific location, it was apparently
east of the pond that is east of county road 108.

Karl Bardon reports that multiple PARASITIC JAEGERS can still be be seen
on Lake Superior in Duluth, primarily between the recreation area of
Park Point and Wisconsin Point.

An adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL was found by Eric Collins on the 14th
at Lafayette Square of Park Point. Other reports of southbound migrants
include ROSS'S GOOSE, GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE, SANDERLING, LAPLAND
LONGSPUR, PALM WARBLER, HARRIS'S SPARROW, FOX SPARROW, WHITE-CROWNED
SPARROW, and RUSTY BLACKBIRD.

The next scheduled update is Thursday September 26th, 2013.