MOU-RBA Archives

May 2010

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2010 11:35:22 -0600
Hi All--

Erika and I heard a Carolina Wren at the UM Landscape Arboretum in Carver
Co.  It sang loudly at the southeast corner of the Green Heron Trail near a
pond to the southeast of the trail.  To get there, walk along the trail past
where the now closed Bog Trail intersects.  Keep walking maybe a mile.  Keep
the large wetland to your right.  The trail loops to the south.  The wren
sang just as the trail turns west back towards the paved 3-mile driving
loop.  (It would be a shorter walk to start out from the driving loop.)  Let
me know if anyone sees or hears it again.

I was lamenting that I had left my iPod at home.  In a moment of
inspiration, I (legally) downloaded songs (and photographs) of all the North
American birds into the Droid smart phone Erika recently gave me.  It was
easy to do, but involved two application downloads and requires iTunes in
your computer and a legally purchased copy of Thayer
Birds of North America DVD or CD.  If you want instructions, let me know
off-list.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau