MOU-RBA Archives

June 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Arjun Guneratne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:04:32 -0600
Both the male and female Hooded Warblers were active in the woods
immediately surrounding the number 41 trail marker south of Schulze Lake at
9:10 this morning in Lebanon Hills Regional Park.  I saw the female first, moving
around at mid-level in the trees and constantly uttering its "chink" note; the
male showed up later and sang from time to time.  They were still there when I
left after about 25 minutes.

Other birds seen include a Willow Flycatcher singing (sneezing?) near the Visitor
Center Trailhead parking lot (on tree in the wet hollow just west of the lot) and a
male Scarlet Tanager on the southern side of Schulze Lake near trail marker 43.

Arjun Guneratne