MOU-RBA Archives

January 2009

From:
Bob Dunlap <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Dunlap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:35:06 -0700
Around noon today I observed a 1st year Golden Eagle flying along the
MN River bluffs near Ney Nature Center in the northwest tip of Le
Sueur County. As the bird headed north it crossed Hwy. 19 into Scott
County, then interacted with an approaching Bald Eagle. I have posted
a couple photos of the duo on my blog (address below). The bird headed
north out of sight around 12:10.

This is the first Golden Eagle I have found in the MN River Valley
during winter (they are very rare migrants spring and fall in the area).

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County
bobthebirdman.blogspot.com