MOU-RBA Archives

October 2011

From:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:55:51 -0600
This afternoon around 3:30 I located a juvenile Black Scoter on South
Stanchfield Lake in NW Isanti County.  The bird was loosely associating with
a flock of Ruddy Ducks, which made for an interesting comparison.  The bird
was at the south end of the lake, and was most easily seen from Llama St NW,
which is on the west side of the lake.  You will need a scope.

Also, at the location where I viewed the Black Scoter, there is a pasture
and adjacent corn stubble field between Llama St NW and the lake that had
approximately 30 geese resting or foraging.  At least ten of these geese
were Cackling Geese, and at least 4 of them were Snow Geese (1 white and 3
blue).

Herb Dingmann
St. Cloud