MOU-RBA Archives

November 2011

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:47:16 -0700
I've been finding a lot of Eagles S.W. of Genola between Genola and Crane
Meadows. They are scavenging the fields around the many chicken barns. This
time every year they seem to know where the food is. Mostly
young immature's who aren't the best hunters. I am trying to find Snowy's
in Stearns also. I need to get one on my Stearns list. The spot where the
Snowy was is 1 mile West of Royalton then take a left South at a
small transformer station. Go down 1/4 th mile. Hope you find it and I will
tell you if I find others. Probably a good year to up lists but I always
like finding them. One of my favorite birds. Contact Steve Emerson he seems
to find owls while he's on the road. Steve is tied in to the Crane Meadows
bunch. Good birding. I've been checking Bowlus for Eurasians  (I grew up
there) and thought I found one today. Like you I couldn't relocate it. Its
probably hanging out by the elevator. Stop in at Jordie's. Good food and
company. I'll try to get her to keep her eye out for the dove.