MOU-RBA Archives

September 2009

From:
Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:22:02 -0600
I located two Buff-breasted Sandpipers in NE Polk County early this evening
(around 6pm).  They were located just ½ mile from Red Lake and Pennington
counties along a road that runs diagonal from the intersection of the three
counties from northwest toward the southeast.  The corner of the three
counties (according to my maps) is two miles south of the northern border
between Red Lake and Pennington counties.  The signs at the intersection at
the southeast end of the diagonal road are 370th Ave SE and 170th St SE.

The birds were hanging out in a very short grass field at a very small (and
growing smaller) wet spot that was very close to the road.

Bob Ekblad
Olmsted County in SE Minnesota
http://www.Birding-Minnesota.com