MOU-RBA Archives

November 2015

From:
Brian & Risa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian & Risa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:32:53 -0700
Hi,

I tried posting this earlier but for some reason it didn't go through.  Anyway, there's a somewhat out of range Tufted Titmouse visiting the feeders at the home of Floyd & Carol Alwin in New Ulm.  I saw it this morning off and on between 8:00 and 8:45 a.m.  Floyd said that he first noticed it on Monday the 16th and that it was a bird that they've never had at their feeders before. Their home is along the boundary with Flandrau State Park.  To my knowledge, the last sighting of a Tufted Titmouse in Brown County was also in New Ulm in December, 2003.  Floyd said that birders are more than welcome to try for the bird but he asks that you please call him first.  Their phone number is 507-354-2036 and their address is 26 Camelsback Rd., New Ulm.

Brian Smith