MOU-RBA Archives

August 2016

From:
Peter Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2016 12:41:36 -0600
David Adair, Tony Lau and I found a RED-NECKED PHALAROPE at the Jirik Sod
Farms near Farmington in Dakota County--west side of Blaine Ave, just south
of the red building. Also present were 9 other shorebird species, including
STILT SANDPIPER, BAIRD'S SANDPIPER, SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, and more. The
Baird's was on the east side of the road, very close. All the other
shorebirds were present in the flooded area with the phalarope. Scope
needed.

Earlier today in southern Washington County, we had one each
of BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER, BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER, and
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER.

Peter Nichols
Cottage Grove
Washington County