MOU-RBA Archives

July 2013

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:45:04 -0600
I was blessed to have a family reunion at Whitewater Stat
Hey birders,

I was blessed to have a family reunion at Whitewater State Park this week and had a couple of birds worth noting.

First, the Yellow-throated Warbler was singing on the east side of the Nature Store parking lot at about 6:15 in the morning on Tuesday, 16 July 2013.  So apparently that bird is still around.

A pair of Louisiana Waterthrushes were found carrying food to unseen (but heard) fledglings at the bridge near the trailhead to the Chimney Rock loop.

An Acadian Flycatcher was heard calling a couple of times in the campground.

I've never been to this park before, but I enjoyed it thoroughly in spite of the heat.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato

"But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?" --Job 12:7, 9