MOU-RBA Archives

June 2012

From:
Caleb Ashling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caleb Ashling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:31:37 -0600
Yesterday, around noon I heard an Acadian Flycatcher at Rudy Kraemer
Nature Preserve in Burnsville.  It was singing in a small stand of
woods on the south east side of the park.  Seemed like an odd spot and
I didn’t think it would stick around but I heard it again this morning.
  The quickest access to where the flycatcher was is actually through
Sue Fischer Fields (past the Mcdonalds at 12700 Vincent Ave South in
Burnsville).

Hike south out of the parking lot on a paved trail.  Take the SECOND
trail you see to your right, between two small ponds.  As you get to
the end of the two small ponds, there is a small mixed stand of trees
on your RIGHT.  That’s where it was singing.   There is a water outflow
that cascades down a few limestone boulders on your left at this spot.
It is less than a quarter mile from the parking lot.  If you continue
past this, there is another mile or two of hiking trails around a large
wetland complex.

Caleb Ashling
Bloomington, MN