MOU-RBA Archives

February 2013

From:
Jim Lind <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:37:08 -0700
Date sent:	Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:43:39 -0600
Subject:	boreal owl in Duluth
From:	John Goodge <[log in to unmask]>
To:	[log in to unmask]

Hi,

I'm trying to share a sighting of a boreal owl in Duluth along Tischer Creek, but the messages
I've sent to mou-net and your NRRI email have been returned. Maybe this one will get
through. If so, could you please post it?

There is a solitary boreal owl in the city of Duluth in the woods along Tischer Creek. To get
there, park along 4th Street East at the bridge over Tischer Creek, near the intersection with
Hawthorne Dr. and west of 34th Ave., and walk up the east side trail about 0.5 mi to a high
rocky outcrop area with a stand of Norway and white pine. A single boreal was perched on a
dead branch in one of the pines. A rare sighting in this residential part of the city.

I tried to post this at the mou-net listserv, but it didn't go through.

Sighted Feb 23, 3013 at 8.30 am.
John Goodge
218-390-8443 (cell)