MOU-RBA Archives

November 2009

From:
Eric Harrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Harrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:43:40 -0700
Mike,

All I'm going to say is this. If the day ever comes, and it probably won't, when birders get as excited over healthy native bird communities and their associated habitats as they do chasing vagrant birds hundreds or thousands of miles out of their normal geographic range, bird conservation might actually get somewhere without hunters having to do the better part of it. I have a laughing fit every time I read these listing rule arguments/debates and remind myself that I am a bird conservationist more so than a "birder". Just sharing a different perspective, for what its worth, and by all means, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. Who knows, if this weather keeps up, maybe that Vermillion Flycatcher will arrive from the Rio Grande valley and show up here in sw Minnesota. The B&B's and greasy spoons sure could use the business that would be certain to follow.

Eric Harrold
Jackson Co.