MOU-RBA Archives

April 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:46:10 -0600
At 8pm tonight while in a parking lot along the Lake Superior shoreline, I
had a Thayer's Gull (1st-cycle) fly right past my van. The gull was
accompanied with two Ring-billed Gulls. It was neat to see a Thayer's Gull
fly by at eye-level, even with the sub-optimal lighting.
Pale wing tips, frosty, low-contrast backside... gorgeous gull :) I wonder
how long that bird is going to linger here before heading up to the arctic.

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Guided Birdwatching Trips and Bird photography
www.pbase.com/birdfedr