MOU-RBA Archives

November 2009

From:
Dennis and Barbara Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis and Barbara Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:21:43 -0700
Pacific Loon was still present today out from Linwood Resort on the east
side of the lake.  Very nice find by Milt.

Also present 5 Common Loons for nice comparisons, although the Pacific was
staying by itself most of the time.  In the area were two White-winged
Scoters, one flock of 200 Buffleheads and Common Goldeneye, 4 late Western
Grebes, and a separate flock of near 400 Redheads, ringnecks, scaup,
Gadwall, Mallards, and a few others.  Staying away from shore and the
hunting areas.  We never heard a shot while we birded the lake area for 2
plus hours.  At Battle Point Park there was a Red-necked Grebe and 2 more
Common Loons.

Every single gull was a Ring-billed  Gull.  Probably 200 plus birds and no
variation.

The 3 Black Scoters were still on the east pond at the Rice sewage ponds.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
Shorewood, MN