MOU-RBA Archives

January 2014

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Janet Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:33:04 -0700
Im here and and I don't see any poles directly east of that house. I am confused.

janet

     ----- Original Message -----  From: Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>  To: [log in to unmask]  Sent: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 15:44:16 -0000 (UTC)  Subject: [mou-net] Hutchinson NHOW and Atwater Snowy Owl    This morning I took a pre-dawn trip to Hutchinson and viewed the NHOW right   at first light.  I watched it until 8:15.  It was loyal to the poles directly east of   the home about 0.5 miles south of the intersection of 230th and Co. Rd. 12.  It   actively moved around and hunted, even nabbing something on the shoulder in   my headlights and then later going after birds at a feeder at the   aforementioned house.    Yesterday I saw the Atwater Snowy Owl on the exact same pole it was first   discovered by my principal 9 days ago - on Kandiyohi Co. Rd. 10 about a mile   west of Co. Rd. 2 and just before 180th St, last pole on the line. This bird has   been seen on these poles, on an irrigator and on the ground in the section to   the northwest of the Co. Rd. 2/10 intersection and on a pole on 105th Ave to   the east of that intersection. A wildlife artist who'd previously contacted me   about where to search for a Snowy was on the scene before me getting some   good pictures of her lifer Snowy.    All Grove City reports have dried up.    eBird Checklist for Northern Hawk Owl with picture  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16341028    eBird Checklist for Snowy Owl with picture  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16339222    Josh Wallestad    http://www.aboywhocriedheron.com  http://birdingacrossamerica.com    ----  Join or Leave mou-net: http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mou-net  Archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mou-net.html