MOU-RBA Archives

November 2013

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Alyssa DeRubeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:03:22 -0700
Today, my boyfriend and I re-found the juvenile Ross's Goose reported by
Claudia Egelhoff in Theodore Wirth Park (in Minneapolis). We observed the
bird associating with Canada Geese the entire time we were there
(12:20pm-12:30pm) on Wirth Lake. We were able to get close looks at its
stubby bill.

The place where we saw the goose was just north of the parking lot with the
boat ramp. To get here, go east of the Wirth Beach Park on Glenwood Avenue.
There should be a small turn off on the north side of the road. It has a
small wooden sign that says "Picnicking and Fishing."

I tried for the Hopkins Ross's Goose four times last month. It was nice to
see this one on my first try! Thanks Claudia for reporting.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.