MOU-RBA Archives

May 2015

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2015 15:07:25 -0500
Hi
Last night someone reported seeing a whimbrel at park point with a Marbled Godwit so this morning my wife and i went down to the point and though we didn't see the Godwit we saw two Whimbrels and later on three of them walking slowly and occasionally flying in the direction of Duluth.  I followed them for almost two miles along the beach before they finally took off about 7:45 a.m.  This was a lifer for me.  I also looked for the piping plover but today did not see it.  Here is a link to some photos.  I had a video also but was not able to upload it. I will either tomorrow or Friday.
P.s the warbler wave was considerably less than yesterday.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/

Sent from my iPad