MOU-RBA Archives

December 2008

From:
Robin LaFortune <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin LaFortune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:39:00 -0700
Hi,

I found a Townsend's Solitaire today while out hiking at Lake Rebecca Park Reserve near Delano.  This was the same area that I found a Solitaire twice last year.  The location is directly east of Rattail Lake, south of the hiking trail and west of 92.  Follow the deer trail/foot path that leads south off the hiking trail. Check this link for a map:
http://www.threeriversparkdistrict.org/parks/maps/Lake_Rebecca_summer.pdf   There is a lot of evergreens there and a couple of crab apple trees, fairly close to the east side of the lake.  Red-breasted nuthatches, pine siskins and purple finches were also seen in the area.  I also saw a Northern shrike along the east side of Lake Rebecca Road.

At home, we still have a fair amount of pine siskins at the feeders and a Northern Flicker visiting regularly.

Robin LaFortune