MOU-RBA Archives

April 2012

From:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:28:21 -0600
At 6:15 pm today, on the west end of Lake Byllesby:   Large flocks of Shoveler, A. Coot, Green-winged Teal, Blue-winged Teal.  Also, Gadwall, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, 31 White Pelicans, 4 Lesser Yellowlegs, 14 Pectoral Sandpiper.

One Hudsonian Godwit and one Long-billed Dowatcher were also feeding on the mudflat.

The wind was strong on the hill until I reached the open viewing area.  There was little wind there, and the shallow water close by looked like glass.  The sun came out of the clouds for a short time, which created  ideal viewing conditions, as it was low on the horizon.

Farther west, at a second viewing location, I found at least 150 Blue-winged Teal  and several Lesser Yellowlegs.

Laura Coble
Cannon Falls