MOU-RBA Archives

February 2013

From:
Alyssa DeRubeis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alyssa DeRubeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:32:13 -0700
Hi all,

A friend of mine texted me last night around 7pm saying that he saw a Snowy
Owl along I-35W. He was north of the Broadway Avenue exit, but that is all
the information I have at this time.

Yesterday my boyfriend and I spent much of the day in northeastern MN. We
saw 4 Great Gray Owls around the Scenic Highway 61 route between Duluth and
Two Harbors. A Boreal Owl was hanging out in a residential neighborhood in
Two Harbors, in addition to a flock of 10 Long-tailed Ducks in Agate Bay.
Flood Bay and the Bog Airport (Superior, WI) held no birds whatsoever. We
also saw a total of four Northern Shrikes on the trip.

A group of friends were in Lake County yesterday as well and had much luck
with Spruce Grouse, Black-backed Woodpecker, Great Gray and Boreal Owls,
etc. A Golden Eagle was seen near Twig on Valentine's Day. Hopefully
they'll report their findings soon...

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
originally from Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.