MOU-RBA Archives

December 2010

From:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:54:48 -0700
I spoke at length with the observer reporting the Acorn Woodpecker in Eden Prairie and it seems to me the bird was correctly identified.

The location is a small, wooded park in Eden Prairie just west of Flying Cloud Airport.

Take Flying Cloud Drive west from its junction with Pioneer Trail for three miles. Turn north on Dell Road and drive three-quarters of a mile to where Dell Road splits off to the east from Stable Path. Staying on Dell Road, drive 300 yards further to Geisler Road. Turn right on Geisler Road and drive another 300 yards to the left turn at Laforet Drive. Turning onto Laforet Drive, after 500 feet, look for the short turn off to the right. Park and walk the paths in these woods to the east and southeast.

The GPS coordinates for the parking spot on Laforet Drive are: 44.825987,-93.50054

Anthony Hertzel