MOU-RBA Archives

September 2011

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 18:09:51 -0500
From:
Peder Svingen <[log in to unmask]>
The juvenile jaeger flew past the same location at 5:15 PM headed towards
sky harbor airport. Its plumage matched that of the juvenile parasitic that
was off parking lot #1 at Wisconsin Point this morning, which was identical
in size and wingspan to an adult light morphology parasitic when they were
flying side by side and chasing one another at Wisconsin Point. Tim Oksiuta
reported adult and juvenile parasiticus at Wisconsin Point yesterday
(Thursday) morning and the juvenile was also seen near the sky harbor
airport Tuesday evening (so far the adult has only been seen on the
Wisconsin side).