MOU-RBA Archives

May 2009

From:
John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2009 09:22:31 -0600
After intitially hearing the song of a Henslow's Sparrow, I was able to locate him  in some low grass near the area he has been in past years at Carver Park.   There is a new trail mowed that heads northwest from the main trail as you are heading west towards Cty Rd. 11 from the nature center.   He was a little ways back along this trail.   There was also a Sandhill Crane flying very low near Grimm Farm, but I didn't see him land.  Other than that there were Song, White-throated, Swamp, Savannah, Clay-colored(several calling from territory), Field, and Chipping Sparrows.   The only warblers seen were Yellow-rumped, Orange-crowned, and Palm.  There was also a pair of Forster's Tern on Stone Lake.
HotmailŪ goes with you.