MOU-RBA Archives

May 2014

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2014 07:42:05 -0600
Hi
My friend Travis apparently saw this Cerulean on a Facebook page so we have them to thank for telling us where to find this bird.  We saw the Cerulean at Westwood Hills Nature Center in St. Louis Park this evening.  We had no luck for the first hour then someone named Tony pointed us in the right direction and we found one just off the the steps leading up from the lake. He was moving fast along the ground and came within three feet of me at one point but he was moving so fast he was tough to photograph.  I got at least an id able photo as did Travis.  We also saw a chestnut sided warbler and a northern parula just off those stairs.  I did not get a photo of the parula.  What a nice park that is! Neither of us had ever been there before but we will surely be back.  This link will take you to my photo.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids