MOU-RBA Archives

December 2015

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2015 14:29:10 -0600
Hi
 I got a text from Herb Lindsay that he was seeing a snowy owl at the Msp Airport.  My friend Travis and I were already at Black Dog so we headed over there and sure enough there was one there. At the very end of Cargo road  where you can park you can look through the chain link fence past one runway to the  south and east is a snowy Owl. I had been out to the Airport several times last year and never found it but this time we did. Photos are not great from such a distance but I put one on my flick account so that you can at least see it.  Here is my link  P.s. We looked for the eared grebe again at Harriet and did not find it but we did find the red necked grebe on Calhoun.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/23462422981/in/dateposted/
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids