MOU-RBA Archives

June 2016

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2016 17:45:28 -0500
Hi
Today with my every trusted companions Travis Bono and Herb Lindsay we went all around Carlos Avery Wildlife refuge and had a great day.  We stated out with a scarlet tanager and ovenbird then we saw at least two Yellow Billed Cuckoo’s.  Photos were scarce but I will post one on the link at the end of this.  We saw the cuckoos north of 18 and south of Headquarters road along Old Game Farm Rd.   Later we also saw a number of warblers including Mourning, Chestnut sided, Yellow, Golden winged and Redstarts.  We also saw a Veery some black terns, Great crested flycatcher, another scarlet tanager, blue winged teal, sedge and marsh wrens, great egrets and quite a few species of dragonflies and a few butterflies.  Here is my flickr link for a few photos  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/>

Ron Taube
Coon Rapids