MOU-RBA Archives

May 2014

From:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2014 13:00:54 -0600

Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: May 2, 2014
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday May 1st, 2014.

I have a report of a possible WHITE IBIS seen in Roseau County today. It
was in the southwest corner of the Norland Impoundment. From the
intersection of state highways 310 and 11 in Roseau, go east on highway
11 for five miles to 440th Avenue North. Turn north and go four miles,
then turn east and go another mile to the dead end.

Also on the 1st Peder Svingen reported 2,588 HORNED GREBES and 3,955
RED-NECKED GREBES in flocks of various sizes on Lake Superior near
Lakewood Road in east Duluth.

On April 30th, Roger Schroeder reported a first Murray County record
GLAUCOUS GULL at the northern end of Lake Sarah. The location was the
junction of 221st Street and Murray County Road 30.

I also have reports of BROAD-WINGED HAWK, BLACK TERN, LEAST FLYCATCHER,
CANADA WARBLER, PALM WARBLER, ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK, ORCHARD ORIOLE,
and BALTIMORE ORIOLE.

The next scheduled update is Thursday May 8th, 2014.