MOU-RBA Archives

September 2014

From:
"Heins, Chad" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heins, Chad
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2014 13:17:47 -0500
Hey birders,

We had our best day of hawkwatching of the fall yesterday with 9 species
represented by 38 individuals.  The cold front was also moving hundreds of
thousands of dragonflies and hundreds of monarchs.  The biggest highlight
was our first fall record of Mississippi Kite which passed over shortly
before 1pm.  I was regrettably in class and missed it, but several of our
trained observers had great views of this bird as it went over.  Other
species included Osprey, Bald Eagle, Merlin, and Peregrine Falcon.

So far this fall we have seen 130 raptors.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins

Mankato