MOU-RBA Archives

December 2010

From:
Bill Penning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Penning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 06:50:28 -0700
I spent all day Monday looking for it w/o success. Several trips between the
Superior landfill, Wi Point and Canal Park failed to find it. However, the
lake side froze over Sunday night and many of the gulls were roosting a mile
or more out from Canal Park on the ice. By late afternoon the ice was
breaking up but the gulls did not come in from the lake.

There were however, several hundred gulls at the landfill all day. We saw:
Thayers, Iceland, Glaucous, and Great Black-backed.

Bill Penning