MOU-RBA Archives

July 2009

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Forest Strnad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:51:37 -0600
Greetings:

From  the e-mails about looking for the Brown Pelican, by several birders, I had assumed that the white rock was seen in an open area of water,  and not through many trees.  I also thought the white rock was may be 300 years out from the shore. It was many more yards than that.  The mention of the culdusac was our assurance that we were in the right spot to see the Brown Pelican. It was on a gravel road, and not a paved road,where new houses will be buillt in the future.

Hopefully the Brown Pelican will stay around for a few more days and other birders will get to see it.

Forest Strnad
Faribault, Mn.