MOU-RBA Archives

November 2009

From:
Linda Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:19:37 -0700
I saw the Cattle Egret reported to me by Herb Dingman and Ron Erpalding.  The bird was easily, though distantly, visible from the road.  Two other birders were there when I arrived at 3:25.  The egret seems to be eating worms or some insects still around.  It stayed close to one of four horses grazing together, flying once to catch up with its large companions.  The egret was still present when I left at 3:40.

As I mentioned in my 1st post, the bird is in Chisago County, but observed from 240th St., which is the Washington/Chisago county line.  From the south, take Washington County 3 north out of Scandia.  At 240th St. turn right.  There are several houses and driveways, but you will almost immediately see a large field on your left where the horses are grazing.

Linda Sparling