MOU-RBA Archives

May 2010

From:
Dennis and Barbara Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis and Barbara Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2010 21:45:53 -0600
We stopped by this area on our way home.  Got there about 8:30 and were able
to see a flock of Cattle Eggrets on the ground about 150 yards north of 212,
about a quarter of a mile west of the intersection mentioned by Herb and
Jeff.  Five minutes later the flock flew in a surprisingly tight formation
to the east to roost somewhere on Tiger Lake.  We counted at least 12 birds
in the flock, even though we had not seen that many on the ground.  Best bet
in the morning would be the public hunting access at the WMA on the
northeast corner of the lake if the birds are not back in the previously
mentioned fields.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
Shorewood, MN