MOU-RBA Archives

February 2013

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Alex Cruz Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:07:18 -0700
Birded the southetn northshore yesterday (2/7/13) and thanks to the
all the postings, I saw a Boreal Owl on Scenic 61.

I wanted to mention an owl that maybe hasn't been mentioned. I
snowshoed the Two Harbors lighthouse trail and briefly saw a Boreal
Owl around 4:00 pm. On the nothside of the "peninsula" that faces the
little bay there, the trail forks back towards the lighthouse and
overlooks a little cliff with clumps of small trees (at its base). The
Boreal Owl wizzed right by me here but despite searching for half an
hour, I was not able to relocate.

Also had large flock of Bohemian Waxwings SW of Northshore Cottages
near west entrance of Scenic 61 at around noon.

Thanks again for all the postings. I also saw the Dirt Factory NoHO
but the Boreals were a special birthday treat for me.

Looking up,
Alex Cruz, Jr
Ramsey Co, Mn