MOU-RBA Archives

July 2009

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jim Mattsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:59:19 -0600
4:00pm - 6:30pm, July 28
Brownsville Overlook, Houston County

Dedrick Benz and I shared in the time honored practice of staring at gulls. DISTANT gulls. What could be better? It could only have been improved by actually seeing a gull with a dark hood. But it was not to be. Perhaps in another 12 years. NOTE: Do not interpret this negative finding as implying that a Laughing Gull was not present...only that we chose NOT to see one.

Of interest were some 6 adult (probable) Forster's Terns about 1.5 miles due east of our location. Even at this distance the black crowns were visible.

Good luck,

Jim
Eagan
P.S. Gulls rule!