MOU-RBA Archives

February 2013

From:
sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:55:53 -0700
Just a quick post on two Boreals I saw today around lunch time (What better excuse to get out of the office!)

1. Along Scenic 61 just about 1/10 mile west (south) of Stoney Point/Tom's Logging Camp. On inland side near parked RR cars.
(not sure who originally found this bird)

2. I stumbled on one hunting very actively on Superior Street just north (east) of house #9221. It was in the low creekbed area just N (east) of this house. (this is the road between the 4-lane and Scenic 61)

Note that looking for parked cars, birders, and photographers on Scenic 61 is just as effective as looking for tiny owls!

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall, MN 55797
218.341.3350 cell