MOU-RBA Archives

July 2010

From:
leslie marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
leslie marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:43:06 -0600
At about 10:30am this morning, I was able to relocate the buff-breasted sandpipers in North Branch, Chisago County, as reported by Doug Kieser yesterday (July 25).  They have moved from the north side of the road at 400th Street, 0.6 miles east of Hemingway Ave., to the south side of the road in the dried up field.
This made them somewhat of a challenge to find, as they blended  so well into the dried field. Eventually they got a bit closer so that I could see them very clearly with the scope.
I saw 4 birds, and possibly a fifth out in the distance. I couldn't find any baird's sandpipers, and today there seemed to be far more than 50 killdeer in both fields north and south of 400th.
Leslie Marcus
St. Louis Park
Hennepin County