MOU-RBA Archives

June 2011

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:05:02 -0600
-RBA
*Minnesota
*Minnesota Statewide
*June 1, 2011
*MNST1106.01

-Birds mentioned
Red-throated Loon
Pacific Loon
Black Vulture
Red Knot
Yellow-breasted Chat
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: June 1, 2011
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for June 2nd, 2011.

On May 26th, three apparent BLACK VULTURES were reported from Grant
County. I have no further details, but my guess is that the location was
about three miles east of county road 11 along county road 8.

Interesting was the May 28th report of a PACIFIC LOON on Boy Bay of
Leech Lake in Cass County. It was seen by Andrew Birch from the Battle
Point public access in Gould Township.

In Duluth, several RED-THROATED LOONS were on Lake Superior during the
past week, seen mostly from the Park Point Recreation Area, and a few
RED KNOTS were found toward the end of Park Point on May 28th.

On May 28th, A YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT was heard singing at Hyland Lake
Park Reserve in Bloomington, Hennepin County. From the Bush Lake Beach
parking lot, take the paved trail that goes east and south of the pond
and check about 50 yards beyond the trail stop sign.

The next scheduled update of this tape is June 9th, 2011.