MOU-RBA Archives

May 2015

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2015 15:28:17 -0500
Hi
My friend Russ and I went to Sherburne today and though we didn’t get a lot of species we got some good ones.  On the Blue hill trail we saw a Golden Winged Warbler and got some nice photos of him.  I was hoping to get the Blue winged but no luck.
We saw several yellow warblers and heard many common yellow throats but little else except an eastern meadowlark. We then went on the auto trail and saw three more meadowlarks several eastern towhees and near the outhouse at the start of the trail we heard then saw a white eyed vireo on her nest. We saw maybe fifteen to twenty other species including sandhill cranes, trumpeter swans bald eagles and blue winged teals.  Here are a few photos from my flickr account.
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/>