MOU-RBA Archives

April 2009

From:
Benjamin Fritchman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Fritchman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:08:17 -0600
Sorry for the delayed message, I haven't had Internet for a few days. On friday 4/10, I found an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull on Martin Lake in Martin County. I believe this is a first county record. I observed the bird from the NW part of the lake. Viewing is a little difficult having to look through some trees, but the gull prominently stuck out among the other gulls. I was even able to see its leg color(yellow) when it walked up onto the shore to confirm its id. I also had a trumpeter swan in Faribault County...if anyone wants directions to that bird let me know. I don't know if there are any records for Faribault as of yet.
Ben Fritchman

> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:13:32 -0700
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [mou-net] American Robins
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Greetings from the FOREST along the Straight  River in Faribault.
>
> For about a week now we have had many American Robins flying back and forth, east to west and west to east across the Straight RIver in front of our apaertment. I counted 59 individual Robing just a short time ago,.  Saw many around town this morning too.  I don't know if they are held up here because of cold weather up north or what.
>
> Yesterday we still saw FIVE Slate-colored Juncos feeding on the ground near our feeder.  Today I have not seen one junco.  Probably they have migrated on north.
>
> Forest Strnad
> Faribault, MN
>

> ----
> Archives:http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mou-net.html

Rediscover HotmailŪ: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox.