MOU-RBA Archives

June 2012

Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:44:21 -0600
This morning, Butch Ukura and I drove over to Felton Prairie to check on
the SPRAGUE'S PIPIT that has been reported. We arrived there shortly
after 7 o'clock and walked down the fence line just past the metal pipe.
We heard the bird just to south of the fence (on the wind turbine side).
To our surprise, the bird was sitting on the ground, no more than thirty
feet away. We watched it (and Butch photographed it) for over five
minutes while it casually walked a short distance away. It then flew
directly over us and began a wonderful aerial display, flying and
landing several times. We got great views and were on our way before
7:30. We also got a wonderful show put on by a pair of MARBLED GODWITS a
short distance further to the north.
We would like to thank all of the birders who posted for their help --
it was very much appreciated.   Warren Nelson