MOU-RBA Archives

December 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
John Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:40:59 -0700
Yesterday, December 12th,  John and I took a quick trip up to Grand
Marais from Duluth.  It was not a birding trip but we did count birds
on-route and checked out the Grand Marais harbor.  Results:

Harlequin Duck - adult male Grand Marais
Bufflehead  - male Grand Marais
Common Goldeneye  -  45 in the  Grand Marais harbor
Bald Eagle  -  3 Lake County Hwy 61; 3 Cook County Hwy 61; two Grand Marais
Sharp-shinned Hawk  -  One along the shore at Two Harbors water
treatment plant
Herring Gull  -  2 Grand Marais, 5 Two Harbors.  Obviously all the rest
are in Duluth-Superior area:  1000 plus
Common Raven  -  Counted about 150, most of them in big flocks at road
kills or moving down the shore in the morning.

Jan Green