MOU-RBA Archives

May 2015

From:
Jesse Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jesse Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2015 12:50:20 -0600
At around 11:30 today I found a singing male Hooded Warbler at Carpenter
Nature Center, just south of the platform on the Savanna Trail. He was in
the buckthorn thickets and lower tiers of the canopy singing consistently.
I obtained some short recordings and got a good look at him.

Nearly home in St. Paul, on St. Clair Ave where it intersects 35E, I then
had both a flyover Osprey and better yet, a flyover Red-headed Woodpecker.
Not a bad Ramsey Co bird, and darn near decent for St. Paul.

Jesse Ellis
St. Paul