MOU-RBA Archives

January 2010

From:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:30:21 -0700
The Prescott Harlequin Duck was seen early this afternoon. He was
first spotted in the confluence waters downriver of the MN point, and
then approached the boat slips just south of the bridge. When last
seen, he appeared to be heading toward the railroad bridge.

Despite careful searching with scopes, we did not find the Barrow's
Goldeneye. It may have been in a raft of Commons that moved toward
Freedom Center. However, there was much diving---and fishing
success---going on, that might have helped obscure his presence.

Thanks to Jean R (please excuse me for not attempting your last name)
for telling us the Harlequin was back. The views we got were very
satisfying.
Linda Whyte (with Laura Coble and Don Harrington)