MOU-RBA Archives

December 2010

From:
judith sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
judith sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:02:45 -0700
I'm still seeing the Carolina Wren coming to the suet feeder in my yard about 4 miles south of Prescott, WI.  It hung around from around 11:15 a.m. until about 1:15 p.m. today, Dec. 13.  I also saw it eat black oiler sunflower seeds at a couple of those feeders.  This seems like strange feeding behavior for a wren.  Has anyone else observed this?  I'm going to pick up some meal worms for it tomorrow and I'll try to get photos and post them if it stays around.

If anyone would like to come and see the bird, please give me a call for directions:  715.262.4968.  It seems to be most active around noon.  (BTW, I also have Tufted Titmice in my yard!)

I know that I should send it across the river to Hastings, MN; but, it's so much fun seeing it in my yard!

Judith Sparrow
Prescott, WI