MOU-RBA Archives

March 2016

From:
William Bronn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Bronn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:54:28 -0700

From: Earl Orf [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:11 PM
To: William Bronn
Subject: Re: [mou-net] Mountain Bluebird & Townsends Solitaire

Thanks, Bill.  Those are great directions.  I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Earl Orf

www.earlorfphotos.com

William Bronn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yes, Earl, it sounds like you may have been south of this strange, isolated
triangle of public land. I don't have a GPS to follow the coordinates, but,
on my home computer, I bring up Google Maps and type the coordinates into
the "search" box and hit enter: it comes right up on the map. After taking
down the roads to get there [I-94 to co. rd. 24 (Clearwater)over the
Mississippi to Co. Rd. 8 SE (also called River Road)northward to 77th STREET
(don't let the avenues confuse you because they also come into Co. Rd. 8);
turn left into 77th St. and take it to a 90 degree turn left - STOP THERE
AND PARK - going further is private road going to a farm house- (looking at
the aerial view on Google maps is helpful, too); then continue to walk
straight west (over the half dozen piles of gravel) about 40 yards and the
triangle of open meadow will be on your right. The coordinates take you
about 2/3 toward the far end - that is where we first saw the BBs; after
that they chased around the meadow but seemed to like to return to that
first spot! The Solitaire was there, too.
Did I give you too much information?
Bill