MOU-RBA Archives

January 2011

From:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:26:15 -0700
-RBA
*Minnesota
*Minnesota Statewide
*January 28, 2011
*MNST1101.28

-Birds mentioned
Spruce Grouse
Black-backed Woodpecker
Gray Jay
Varied Thrush
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: January 28, 2011
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for January 27th, 2011.

Mike Hendrickson reported a SPRUCE GROUSE along Lake County Road 2,
about a mile north of the Sand River. He also relocated the VARIED
THRUSH in Ely, St. Louis County, across from the Pillow Rock historical
marker at the 2100 block of Main Street.

BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKERS are still being seen in the Sax-Zim Bog area of
St. Louis County. Check the snowshoe trail on the east side of McDavitt
Road about two and a half miles north of Sax Road.

Very unusual was the January 23rd report of a GRAY JAY in Prior Lake in
Scott County. The observation was quick and I suspect it may have been a
Northern Shrike, but if it is seen again, I will update this report.

The next scheduled update of this tape is February 3rd, 2011.